Walls coming down equal victory
I. v.1 ISRAEL HAD A PROBLEM
A. Israel’s problem was that they had a city to conquer, but there were some extremely huge walls in the way.
B. As we go through life, we have obstacles that we face as well.
C. We must learn not to look upon our obstacles as dead-ends, but as opportunities for the Lord to work in our lives!
II. v.2 ISRAEL HAD A PROMISE
A. God promises Israel the victory before they ever attack Jericho!
B. As we face our obstacles, whatever they may be we can do so with confidence, because we have the Lord’s promises that go with us:
1. That Our Weapons Are Powerful Through God – 2 Cor. 10:4-5.
2. That Our Ability Is Limited Only By Our Faith – Phil. 4:13; Eph. 3:20.
4. Of Power In The Day Of Battle – Eph. 6:10.
5.. That We Never Fight Alone – Heb. 13:5
6. Of Victory – 1 Cor. 15:57
7. That When The Battles Are Ended, We will be In His Presence – John 14:1-3.
C. As we face the walled cities in our lives, we need to learn to believe the Lord, to take Him at His Word and trust Him for our victories! (Rom. 4:21)
III. v.3-5 ISRAEL HAD A PARTNER
A. Israel’s partner was none other than God Himself!
B. As we face our walled cities and the obstacles of our lives, it is a blessing to know that we do not have to face them alone, Matt. 28:20; Heb. 13:5, or in our own strength, John 16:13; Phil. 4:13!
C. No obstacle is insurmountable as long as we face it in the Lord!
IV. v.6-21 ISRAEL PREVAILED
A. Israel marched around the city in obedience to the Lord and they prevailed!
B. There are some reasons why Israel experienced victory at Jericho:
1. They had a Word from God – (v.2-6) 2 Tim. 2:15; John 16:13
2. They believed God – (v.8-20) Mark 11:22; Matt. 21:21-22!
3. They acted in faith – (Ill. Heb. 11:1; 11:6) (Ill. I John 5:14-15, James 1:8)
4. They did it God’s way (Ill. Isa. 55:8-9)
5. God gave them the victory – (v.20-21)
C. You can prevail in whatever situation you are facing right now!
Conclusion: What kind of walled city are you facing right now? Does it appear to be unconquerable? Do the walls look too high and do they appear too thick? Does it seem that victory is absolutely impossible in your case? Let me remind you that if your walls haven’t already fallen down flat, they can!